It can be so easy in life to think you care about yourself but really not caring as much as you should. It seems that as we grow older, many of us allow ourselves to get pulled one way or the other by our professions or by our relationships with others. Life becomes a reaction to situations and how others treat us, instead of making life work for you.
Ask yourself this question -
Who Am I?
What Do I want?
Do you know the answer to the above questions? Are your answers what others expect you should say or are they your own truth?
Do you stand in your own truth and when asked if you really care about yourself, you can honestly say that you do give yourself only the best mind, body and spirit?
Do you look after your health and wellbeing or is that pushed to one side because you are too busy to make time for it?
Neglect for oneself can have serious implications and blaming others or situations for the reason you don't look after yourself properly is only a victims mindset to cover up the action that you should be taking.
We all have the same amount of time in one day, so why is it some can take the time to care a little bit more for themselves and go on to live a good healthy and happy life and others can't? It all boils down to mindset and taking action on looking after yourself first.
Here are 5 things that are important to have happy and healthy wellbeing and truly caring about you:
- POSITIVE MINDSET - dwelling on the past or things that upset you is never good for you. All this does is attract more of the same situations to your life so you can continue feeling the same. Get into the habit of letting the past go by focusing on new goals and a happier future. Focus on that which you want to see more of in your life and the changes you would love to implement and this will energise you to not only feel better but also begin to take action towards manifesting it.
- EAT REGULAR WHOLESOME FOOD - Too many women think that by picking at food all day and not eating 3 regular good meals a day, they will lose weight and look and feel fantastic. Well, that is not going to work. Yes, you may lose the weight, but internally you are doing yourself more damage than good. Do you know that your internal organs need enough calories to keep you alive and healthy? Yes, they do! So if you are not taking in enough calories every day, you are depriving your heart, lungs, etc of the fuel needed to keep your heart beating and you alive. There is no point in looking skinny if on a daily basis you can't function, you start to notice your mindset is not focused or stressed and physically you notice things are not 100%. That is not caring for yourself. By eating a good portion of meals every day, which includes all your macros, and not being afraid to get your hands dirty and get in that kitchen and cook yourself something nice with love, you are literally saving your own life. Add physical exercise to the regime and you have a winning combination. Don't cut out food ladies, you are only cutting your life span.
- ALONE TIME/MEDITATION - Taking some time out from the world and getting to know the true you through reflective work can really set you up to truly caring and loving yourself. To get to know someone, it takes time spent with them. The same is true for you. If you don't spend quiet time alone with yourself (and this doesn't mean watching tv or reading a book - total switching off from everything) how can you truly get to know who you are without outside influences? This is one of the best gifts that you can give yourself.
- PAMPERING - I've mentioned this before in one of my earlier blogs, but this is important. Looking after your outer beauty as well as your inner beauty is important. Looking and feeling good goes hand in hand. Don't neglect your outside appearance.
- LAUGH - Connect with those things that you enjoy and that makes you laugh. Laughter opens up the 'feel good' channel which can make you feel amazing and allowing yourself the gift of laughter can make a woman feel amazing both internally and externally. So do it more often.
You have to become your priority. Loved ones, friends and family cannot be the only ones you rely on to show yourself care. You have to do it first. Once you do, you'll discover a stronger more happier relationship with yourself.
Until next time
Peace and Blessings
Coach Rita xoxo
This blog post is copyrighted by Coach Rita Hurry of Swasthya Living.